How to Apply
Apply directly via Indeed here: Click here to apply
Milbank is a well-established, leading supplier of high quality Precast Concrete Floors, Stairs and bespoke products within the UK. Milbank specialises in various sectors within the construction industry including advice, design, manufacture and installation.
About the Role
We are seeking a Batching Plant Operator who wants to expand their passion and dedication into this challenging role. Previous experience in operating concrete batching plant is essential, including loading shovel and FLT experience, however it is anticipated that plant specific training will be required.
Applicants should be organised, self-motivated and an a accurate record keeper as they will be required to take a high level of responsibility for this critical part of our operations.
Hours are 6am-3pm with overtime when required and occasional weekend work. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Due to our site location and the job role, your own reliable form of transport is essential.
- Responsible for the supply of quality fresh concrete and providing it in a timely manner to the PC production team.
- Ensure that all the concrete produced meets the required specifications. To achieve this a good consistent mix is required, good technical skill is necessary, along with good concentration levels.
- Ensure that all necessary cubes are produced and tested daily.
- Oversee all plant operations; coordinate the replenishment of raw materials, monitor the daily work-load throughout the plant; monitor plant cleanliness and clean daily.
- Carry out daily, weekly & monthly maintenance checks and adjustments of the batching concrete plant and a recording of all operations is required.
- Control of all incoming raw materials and goods incoming into the precast factory, unloading vehicles and putting away as necessary. Completing weekly stock counts of materials
- Responsibility for controlling waste disposal areas and skips including waste concrete, wood, steel and general waste to ensure that this is carried out safely, and cost effectively and in accordance with our waste management policies.
- Assist in the conveying of reinforcement cage from steel-fixing area to production workshop.
As an applicant, you can be assured that Milbank Concrete Products will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable in terms of objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job.
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- All decisions are made in line with Milbank’s equal opportunities and recruitment and selection decisions, are made on merit – in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy.
And when you become employed, we aim to ensure:
- A fair, transparent and equal chance in learning and development and terms and conditions of service.
- A working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation.
- A working environment where a person’s identity and culture is valued and respected.
Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of the Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products Ltd recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.