How to Apply
Apply directly via Indeed here: Click here to apply
Milbank are a well-established, leading supplier of high-quality precast concrete products within the United Kingdom, specialising in various sectors of the construction industry including the design, manufacture and installation of our standard and bespoke precast concrete products. We are located in Earls Colne, between Braintree and Colchester, Essex. We are seeking a highly motivated concrete caster to join the precast concrete team.
About the Role
You will work as part of a team producing bespoke precast concrete, assisting shuttering carpenters with mould making and working on the casting and pouring of the concrete. Work will include placing/pouring concrete, concrete finishing and general duties as required. The work can be physically demanding, and you will need to be fit, hardworking and reliable.
Previous experience in concrete or construction industries would be advantageous but not essential as would a background in shuttering/carpentry. In house training, PPE and tools will all be provided.
Hours are 6am-3pm with overtime when required and occasional weekend work. Salary will be determined by relevant skills and previous experience. Due to the location of our factory, you will need your own form of transport. A positive attitude to Health and Safety is also required. Training will be given on the job so you must be keen to learn.
We offer 21 days paid holiday plus the statutory Bank holidays along with a health insurance policy that contributes towards dentist/optician costs, physiotherapy etc.
Due to the location of our factories, it is essential that the candidate has their own form of transport.
As an applicant, you can be assured that Milbank Group will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable in terms of objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job.
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- All decisions are made in line with Milbank’s equal opportunities and recruitment and selection decisions, are made on merit – in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy.
And when you become employed, we aim to ensure:
- A fair, transparent and equal chance in learning and development and terms and conditions of service.
- A working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation.
- A working environment where a person’s identity and culture is valued and respected.
Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of The Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Silver Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
Strictly no agencies for this role please!