Position: Planning Administrator
Reporting to: Planning Manager
Milbank Concrete Products is a well-established, leading supplier of high-quality precast concrete products within the United Kingdom, specialising in various sectors of the construction industry, providing the design, manufacture and installation of standard and bespoke concrete products.
People are the most important element of any successful business – we can only ever be as good as those we employ. Our aim is to support you with your personal growth through dedicated mentoring, training or external courses. We hope to offer you a career rather than a job.
We are located in Earls Colne, between Braintree and Colchester, Essex.
About the Role
We are seeking a reliable and highly motivated Planning Administrator to effectively plan production schedules and help our customers to succeed.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Contacting customers by phone and email on a regular basis
- Adjusting and maintaining order details to suit customer delivery/ installation requirements
- Communicating relevant information to other departments
- Planning the workload, sequence and product type for the factory
- Produce delivery tickets prior to manufacture
- Cost effective management of company assets
- Ability to change and adapt the plan at short notice
- Record and update inhouse systems accurately and accordingly
- Monitor future workload for specialist projects and advise relevant parties
- Able to identify complex issues within a project and focus to develop solution
- Working in a fast paced and pressured environment
Your Core Responsibilities
- Regularly communicate with internal and external customers
- Maintain the processes of re-scheduling delayed/postponed site visits
- Maximising despatches and meeting customer expectations
- Planning production schedules in line with current demand
Your Key Skills and Experience
- Previous planning experience preferable but not essential as full training will be provided for right candidate
- Able to work under pressure, due to an everchanging playing field
- High level of computer literacy with good working knowledge of a variety of computer packages including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in reading AutoCad/ Revit drawings will be a plus
- Excellent organisational and communication skills coupled with good management and a sense of urgency
- A confident, professional telephone manner, self-learner with great attention to detail
- Good commercial awareness with methodical approach and focus on customer service
Our Equal Opportunities Policy
Milbank Group believes that the principle of equal opportunities is fundamental to our company’s values. Our long-held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or gender reassignment.
Our Armed Forces Covenant
As part of the Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
Please note, we are not currently looking to work with recruitment agencies in fulfilling our vacant roles.