Position: Designer – Concrete Products
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 D.O.E p/a
Hours/Location: 40 hours (Mon-Fri) Office based
Benefits: Company bonus scheme, health care, subsidised meals from our in-house canteen, 23 days annual leave p/a + bank holidays, free on site parking.
- Produce and issue layout drawings and calculations using AutoCAD/Autodesk Revit/Microsoft Excel to our customers.
- To contact Clients, Architects & Engineers via telephone/email to obtain design details, comments, approval of working drawings.
- Issue manufacturing schedules to our factories in a timely manner, this is crucial to ensure our process continues to run smoothly.
- Update our internal CRM systems with accurate information regards design status and project progression.
- Amend your drawings in accordance with the clients instructions/comments.
- Use our CRM system to raise adjustments/variations to an existing project internally for our Surveying department to raise credits/costs.
- Communicate relevant information to other departments within the business.
- Monitor workload under the supervision or the Design Manager/Supervisor.
- Any other reasonable tasks as reasonably requested by the Design Manager/Supervisor.
Key individual Skills:
- Confident and professional telephone manner and communication skills.
- A good level of computer literacy is essential including knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite Programs. AutoCad, Revit and Excel experience is preferred. Further training will be provided.
- Construction industry knowledge is advantageous but not essential.
- Self-motivated, confident and ambitious, with attention to detail will be key attributes.
This role reports to the Design Manager This position is full time, office based only. You will join a team of <15 colleagues all working together to achieve the same goal.
We offer excellent career progression here at Milbank and will be looking for an enthusiastic person with the desire to ‘do more’. We are great believers of promoting from within where possible.
Our Equal Opportunities policy
Milbank believes that the principle of equal opportunities is fundamental to our company’s values. Our long-held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or gender reassignment.
Our Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of the Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products Ltd recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.