How to Apply
Apply directly via Indeed here: Click here to apply
Position: Small Plant Maintenance Engineer
Reporting to: Operations Manager and Maintenance Foreman
Milbank Concrete Products is a well-established, industry-leading supplier of high quality Precast Concrete Floors, Stairs and bespoke products within the UK. Milbank specialises in various sectors within the construction industry including advice, design, manufacture and installation.
About the Role
Reporting into the Operations Manager and Maintenance Foreman, your main responsibilities will include:
- Following the Safe System of Work, contributing to maintaining a safe and efficient working environment.
- Working as part of a maintenance team, primarily in the workshop, to ensure all site equipment (hand held and small tools) remain serviceable, safe and functioning correctly. (Knowledge and experience of two stroke engines and forklifts will be a distinct advantage as would welding/fabricating experience.)
- Assisting with preventative and reactive maintenance when required on all production machinery and production related equipment.
- Minor running repairs to the forklift fleet
- Carrying out other tasks and duties as reasonably directed by your Foreman and Line Manager.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experienced mechanic with good all-round knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles.
- Motivated and reliable, willing to work as part of a small team on standard hours (7:00 – 16:00) but also to support colleagues on overtime to meet production requirements
- Punctual, reliable, physically fit and willing to work in a workshop and factory environment.
Due to our site location, the ideal candidate must have their own reliable form of transport and be willing to work six days a week if production requirements dictate.
A competitive salary is on offer with a wide range of additional benefits.
As a company we offer 21 days paid holiday plus the statutory Bank holidays along with a health insurance policy that contributes towards dentist/optician costs, physiotherapy etc.
The role is based at our Earls Colne office which has a recently-refurbished canteen serving subsidised healthy meals produced by our experienced chef. Due to the location of our offices, it is essential that the candidate has their own form of transport.
As an applicant, you can be assured that Milbank Group will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable in terms of objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job.
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- All decisions are made in line with Milbank’s equal opportunities and recruitment and selection decisions, are made on merit – in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy.
And when you become employed, we aim to ensure:
- A fair, transparent, and equal chance in learning and development and terms and conditions of service.
- A working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation.
- A working environment where a person’s identity and culture is valued and respected.
Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of The Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the Employer Recognition Scheme, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
Please note, we are not currently looking to work with recruitment agencies in fulfilling our vacant roles.