Milbank is a well-established, industry-leading supplier of high quality Precast Concrete Floors, Stairs and bespoke products within the UK. Milbank specialises in various sectors within the construction industry including advice, design, manufacture and installation.
About the Role
Reporting into the Production Manager and Maintenance Foreman, your main responsibilities will include:
- Following the Safe System of Work, contributing to maintaining a safe and efficient working environment.
- Working as part of a maintenance team, primarily in the workshop, to ensure all site equipment (hand held and small tools) remain serviceable, safe and functioning correctly. (Knowledge and experience of two stroke engines will be a distinct advantage as would welding/fabricating experience.)
- Assisting with preventative and reactive maintenance when required on all machinery and production related equipment.
- Carrying out other tasks and duties as reasonably directed by your Foreman and Line Manager.
Key Skills and experience required:
- Experienced mechanic with good all-round knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles.
- Motivated and reliable, willing to work as part of a small team on standard hours (8:00 – 17:00) but also to support colleagues on an alternating shift system when required.
- Punctual, physically fit and willing to work in a workshop and factory environment.
Due to our site location, the ideal candidate must have their own reliable form of transport and be willing to work six days a week if production requirements dictate.
A competitive salary is on offer with a wide range of additional benefits.
As a company we offer an impressive performance-based yearly bonus scheme, with 50% paid in December and 50% in March. We offer 23 days paid holiday plus the statutory Bank holidays along with a health insurance policy that contributes towards dentist/optician costs, physiotherapy etc.
The role is based at our Earls Colne office which has a recently-refurbished canteen serving subsidised healthy meals produced by our experienced chef. Due to the location of our offices, it is essential that the candidate has their own form of transport.
Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of The Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Silver Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
How to Apply
If you feel like you are suitable for this role, please apply today and good luck! To apply via email, please send your CV and a covering letter to Production Manager Pierre Norfolk email@example.com. If you would like to apply via phone, please call 01787 223931 and ask for Carol Metcalfe.
Please note, we are not currently looking to work with recruitment agencies in fulfilling our vacant roles.