How to Apply
Apply directly via Indeed here: Click here to apply
Milbank are a well-established, leading supplier of high-quality precast concrete products within the United Kingdom, specialising in various sectors of the construction industry including the design, manufacture and installation of our standard and bespoke precast concrete products. We are located in Earls Colne, between Braintree and Colchester, Essex. We are seeking a highly motivated steel reinforcement fixer/bender to join the team.
About the Role
Working for one of the leading manufacturers of precast concrete, you will be producing bespoke steel reinforcement cages for the manufacture of a wide range of precast concrete components in the construction industry. Previous experience in steel reinforcement bending/fixing and able to understand CAD drawings would be advantageous but not essential. PPE and tools will all be provided.
- Work as part of a team to bend and fix steel reinforcement / mesh cages for the production of our precast concrete components.
- Read and follow drawings and bending schedules.
- Measure, cut and bend reinforcing bars using a variety of tools/machines.
- Follow health and safety regulations and maintain safe working environment.
Working hours are generally 6am to 3pm Monday-Friday with weekend work where required.
Salary depending on experience.
We offer 21 days paid holiday plus the statutory Bank holidays along with a health insurance policy that contributes towards dentist/optician costs, physiotherapy etc.
Due to the location of our factories, it is essential that the candidate has their own form of transport.
As an applicant, you can be assured that Milbank Group will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable in terms of objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job.
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- All decisions are made in line with Milbank’s equal opportunities and recruitment and selection decisions, are made on merit – in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy.
And when you become employed, we aim to ensure:
- A fair, transparent and equal chance in learning and development and terms and conditions of service.
- A working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation.
- A working environment where a person’s identity and culture is valued and respected.
Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of The Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Silver Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
Strictly no agencies for this role please!