How to Apply
Apply directly via Indeed here: Click here to apply
Position: Trainee Designer
Reporting to: Design Manager
Milbank are a well-established, leading supplier of high-quality precast concrete products within the United Kingdom, specialising in various sectors of the construction industry including the design, manufacture and installation of our standard and bespoke precast concrete products. We are located in Earls Colne, between Braintree and Colchester, Essex. We are seeking a highly motivated Trainee Designer to join the team in our Colchester design office.
About the Role
- Produce layout drawings and calculations using AutoCAD / Microsoft Excel.
- Issue drawings with covering letters/emails
- Contact Clients, Architects & Engineers via telephone/email to obtain design details, comments /approval of working drawings
- Amend drawings in accordance with Client’s instructions
- Update Database
- Seek advice from Senior Designers/Engineers
- Raising Adjustments on orders to suit customer’s requirements
- Communicating relevant information to other departments
- Carry out other tasks and duties as reasonably directed by your Line Manager or Director
- Act in a professional manner when communicating (both spoken & written) with our Client’s and their Architects / Engineers
- Produce accurate layout drawings and calculations for our precast products
- To seek advice and guidance from a Senior Designers/Engineer when needed
- Understand the duties required under the Health & Safety at Work Acts and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
Key Skills and Experience Required
- High level of computer literacy with good working knowledge of a variety of computer packages including AutoCAD (Advantageous), Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Organisational & communication skills coupled with good time management and a sense of urgency
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- Attention to detail is essential
- Previous building design experience (Advantageous)
- Self-motivated, methodical approach with focus on customer service
As an applicant, you can be assured that Milbank Group will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable in terms of objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job.
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- All decisions are made in line with Milbank’s equal opportunities and recruitment and selection decisions, are made on merit – in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy.
And when you become employed, we aim to ensure:
- A fair, transparent and equal chance in learning and development and terms and conditions of service.
- A working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation.
- A working environment where a person’s identity and culture is valued and respected.
Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of The Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
Please note, we are not currently looking to work with recruitment agencies in fulfilling our vacant roles.