Milbank Beam and Block floors comprise 150mm and 225mm deep prestressed beams with standard 100mm deep building blocks, spanning between the beams. By varying the beam centres, a variety of loading conditions can be accommodated. Milbank Beam and Block floors provide a quick and economical solution for most structural flooring situations, both at ground and upper floor levels.
We carry a permanent stock of over 25,000 linear meters of our T150 beams in lengths from 1m up to 6m in 50mm increments. For D225 beams we keep a limited stock, but can quickly manufacture beams in 5mm increments (up to 8.7m long) to order.
For thermally insulated ground floors, please see our WarmFloor page.
The benefits of Beam and Block are:
- Fast and simple installation requiring no special skills
- Provides a safe level platform to be quickly established
- Unaffected by wet or cold weather
- Minimal excavation required
- A flexible system, enabling as built variations from design to be easily overcome
- High levels of sound and thermal insulation and fire resistance
- Unaffected by damp, rot or vermin
- Allows longer spans than timber
- Ideal for use on sloping ground
- Maintenance free
We have been manufacturing and supplying concrete flooring products for almost 70 years here at Milbank. Our concrete beams come in 150mm and 225mm deep prestressed options, and are available in lengths of 1-6m in 50mm increments. We also manufacture concrete block flooring products, with standard 100mm deep building blocks to span the gaps between the beams.
Here at Milbank we carry a permanent stock of over 25,000m of our T150 concrete beams, in varying lengths to suit any order. We also keep a limited stock of the thicker D225 beams, but can quickly manufacture concrete beams to order, in 5mm increments up to 8.7m long. If you have any questions about our high quality concrete beam flooring products, feel free to call us here today on 01787 223931.
Concrete Beam & Block Floor Systems
There are many benefits to building a concrete floor system at your property, the biggest of which being that it is fast, cheap and simple to install, requiring no special skills at all. By varying the concrete beam centres during construction, this kind of concrete flooring offers a quick and economical solution for a wide range of problems, both at ground and upper floor levels.
Other benefits of concrete beam and block flooring include:
- A safe level platform that can be quickly established
- A floor unaffected by cold or wet weather
- Only minimal levels of excavation are required
- A flexible system to work with, enabling multiple solutions to any given flooring problem
- High levels of sound and thermal insulation, as well as fire resistance
- It’s completely unaffected by damp, rot or vermin
- A significantly longer span than timber
- It’s ideal for use on sloping ground
- It’s completely maintenance free
Why Choose Milbank for your Concrete Floors?
If you’re looking for concrete floor systems you’ve come to the right place. Here at Milbank we’ve been producing reinforced concrete flooring products since we opened our factory in Chelmsford in 1947. With over 65 years of experience manufacturing prestressed concrete beam and block flooring products, we’re confident that we can provide you with the perfect solution to your flooring problems here today. If you have any questions about how concrete beam flooring could be the solution you’re looking for, call us on 01787 223931 today. A member of our expert team will be happy to help with any problems you may have and help you achieve your project goals.
T150 Beams Data Sheet
T150 Beams – Technical Properties
D225 Beams Data Sheet
D225 Beams – Technical Properties