Position: Sales Negotiator
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000
Hours/Location: 40 hours (Mon-Fri) Office based
Benefits: Subsidised meals from our in-house canteen, 23 days annual leave p/a + bank holidays (both prorated) and free on site parking.
- To contact our clients either by phone or email to follow up our quotations with a view to securing orders for Milbank and ensuring our internal system is updated accordingly.
- Negotiate with customers – listen to objections, customer requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Developing relationships with key customers, influencers and decision makers within the construction industry.
- Use of our bespoke pricing software to understand/amend quotations in accordance with company processes.
- Perform other tasks and duties as reasonably requested by the Sales Manager/Supervisor.
- An ability to act in a professional manner when communicating either verbally or written with colleagues, customers and associated parties.
- Diligence is required to pursue quotations and obtain relevant feedback.
- Can communicate in a clear and concise manner to all levels of customers.
- To demonstrate and maintain a positive “can-do” approach to all aspects of the role.
- A confident and professional telephone manner and communication skills are essential.
- A reasonable level of computer literacy is essential including knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Programs. Further training will be provided however.
- Construction industry knowledge is advantageous but not essential.
- Self-motivated and methodical approach to providing an exceptional customer experience.
This role reports to the Sales Manager & Supervisor and is office based only. You will join a team of <15 colleagues all working together to achieve the same goal.
Our Equal Opportunities policy
Milbank believes that the principle of equal opportunities is fundamental to our company’s values. Our long-held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or gender reassignment.
Our Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of the Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the ERS, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.