How to Apply
Apply directly via Indeed here: Click here to apply
Position: Yard Operative
Reporting to: Factory Manager
Milbank are a well-established, leading supplier of high-quality precast concrete products within the United Kingdom, specialising in various sectors of the construction industry including the design, manufacture and installation of our standard and bespoke precast concrete products. We are located in Earls Colne, between Braintree and Colchester, Essex. We are seeking a highly motivated fork truck driver to join the yard team.
About the Role
Milbank Concrete Products are looking for the right person to join the team as a Yard Operative at our Earls Colne factory near Colchester. The ideal candidate will hold a current Side Loader and Combi fork truck licence. For the right candidate, full training will be provided. You will be working as part of a small team preparing loading schedules and then taking the concrete product out of the factory and loading onto vehicles or ground stacking in the yard ready for loading and delivery.
Please take time to watch the video provided with this advert:
You will be required to work 5 days a week with some weekend work and overtime to meet our production needs. Overtime rates of pay apply to work in excess of the basic hours (45 hours a week) and for weekend work. We offer good hourly rates of pay depending on level of experience and the opportunity to develop and progress within the company. You will need to use your initiative, be reliable, punctual and have the ability to work unsupervised.
We offer 21 days paid holiday plus the statutory Bank holidays along with a health insurance policy that contributes towards dentist/optician costs, physiotherapy etc.
Due to the location of our factories, it is essential that the candidate has their own form of transport.
As an applicant, you can be assured that Milbank Group will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable in terms of objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job.
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- All decisions are made in line with Milbank’s equal opportunities and recruitment and selection decisions, are made on merit – in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy.
And when you become employed, we aim to ensure:
- A fair, transparent and equal chance in learning and development and terms and conditions of service.
- A working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation.
- A working environment where a person’s identity and culture is valued and respected.
Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of The Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
No Agencies please!