The ideal Trainee Designer will be a highly enthusiastic & willing individual who is keen to build long term and effective relationships with both customers & colleagues alike. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a highly driven organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
Position: Trainee Designer – Concrete Products
Salary: Negotiable D.O.E
Hours/Location: 40 hours (Mon-Fri) Office based
Benefits: Company bonus scheme, health care, subsidised meals from our in-house canteen, 23 days annual leave p/a + bank holidays, free on site parking.
Milbank are a well-established, leading supplier of high-quality precast concrete products within the United Kingdom, specialising in various sectors of the construction industry including the design, manufacture and installation of our standard and bespoke precast concrete products. We are located in Earls Colne, between Braintree and Colchester, Essex. We are seeking a highly motivated Trainee Designer to join the team in our Colchester design office.
About the Role
- Produce layout drawings and calculations using AutoCAD / Microsoft Excel.
- Issue drawings with covering letters/emails
- Contact Clients, Architects & Engineers via telephone/email to obtain design details, comments /approval of working drawings
- Amend drawings in accordance with Client’s instructions
- Update Database
- Seek advice from Senior Designers/Engineers
- Raising Adjustments on orders to suit customer’s requirements
- Communicating relevant information to other departments
- Carry out other tasks and duties as reasonably directed by your Line Manager or Director
- Act in a professional manner when communicating (both spoken & written) with our Client’s and their Architects / Engineers
- Produce accurate layout drawings and calculations for our precast products
- To seek advice and guidance from a Senior Designers/Engineer when needed
- Understand the duties required under the Health & Safety at Work Acts and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
Key Skills and Experience Required
- High level of computer literacy with good working knowledge of a variety of computer packages including AutoCAD (Advantageous), Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Organisational & communication skills coupled with good time management and a sense of urgency
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- Attention to detail is essential
- Previous building design experience (Advantageous)
- Self-motivated, methodical approach with focus on customer service
Our Equal Opportunities policy
Milbank believes that the principle of equal opportunities is fundamental to our company’s values. Our long-held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or gender reassignment.
Our Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of the Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products Ltd recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.