The UK’s leading manufacturer of Beam and Block flooring solutions
Beam and block flooring comprises a series of inverted T-beams made of pre-stressed concrete cut to specified lengths as determined by construction drawings. On site, they are laid perpendicular to the supporting blockwork walls that make up the inner leaf of the footings and are laid at suitable centres to allow them to be filled with standard-sized lightweight aircrete or dense aggregate blocks.
The floor structure is brushed over with a 4:1 dry mix of sharp sand and cement to fill the gaps, consolidating both the beams and blocks into a solid structure. Because this is an entirely dry process, in that no mortar or adhesive is required, as soon as the flooring is laid it provides an instant working platform, ready for follow-on trades.
Milbank have been manufacturing and supplying concrete flooring products for over 70 years. Our concrete t-beams are available in 155mm and 225mm deep pre-stressed options in lengths of 1-6m in 50mm increments. We also provide concrete block flooring products, with standard 100mm deep building blocks to span the gaps between the beams during installation.
UK-Made Pre-stressed Concrete Floor Beams in 155mm, 225mm, or to your specifications
Milbank precast concrete floor beams are expertly manufactured by our experienced operations team at our facilities in Essex, UK and are cast to a high quality with excellent durability & longevity. We carry a permanent stock of over 25,000m of 155mm concrete floor beams, in varying lengths, to suit any order. We also hold a limited stock of the thicker 225mm beams but are well equipped to efficiently manufacture concrete beams to order, in 50mm increments, up to 7.8m long. Our variability and flexibility, along with our dedication to providing exceptional levels of customer service is what sets us apart from competitors.
Benefits of Concrete Beam & Block Floor Systems
Beam and block flooring is renowned for being fast, cheap and simple to install, requiring no special constructions skills and is the cheapest way to build a highly durable and solid floor. Varying the concrete beam centres during construction offers a quick and economical solution for a wide range of problems, both at ground and upper floor levels.
Additional benefits of concrete beam & block flooring include:
- A safe, level, platform that can be quickly established – workmen can use the floor as a safe working base for further construction work.
- Unaffected by cold or wet weather – work is generally unaffected by weather so can continue even during winter months.
- Minimal levels of excavation are required – with preparation at a minimum, project timelines are shortened.
- Flexible and easy system to work with, enabling multiple solutions to any given flooring problem.
- High levels of sound and thermal insulation, as well as fire resistance – boost your thermal insulation by using our WarmFloor Pro system.
- Completely unaffected by damp, rot or vermin – concrete beams are clean, mould free, and last longer than most other alternatives.
- Significantly longer span than timber – it is much cheaper and easier to install than traditional timber methods.
- Ideal for use on sloping or uneven ground.
- Completely maintenance free – highly durable concrete floors are unparalleled in longevity and are incredibly low cost over their lifespan.
Why Choose Milbank as Your Beam & Block Floor Supplier?
Milbank have been producing reinforced concrete flooring products since our origination in Chelmsford, Essex in 1947. With over 70 years of experience manufacturing and supplying pre-stressed concrete beam and block flooring products, we’re confident that we can provide you with the perfect solution to your flooring requirements. Our in-house team of industry expert designers, manufacturing staff and installation gangs are continually driving our mission to deliver exceptional levels of service to our customers.
We Are Experts in Beam and Block Floor Installation
Our professional all-in-one concrete floor service includes on-site installation, ensuring any issues are addressed quickly and efficiently from our head office. We cover all aspects of the design and installation process and pride ourselves on our quick response to queries, world-class manufacturing, and expert installation.
Other reasons to choose us:
- We are environmentally conscious – click here for details.
- Our installations are fully health and safety compliant, and we are stringent in our upholding of standards.
- Our staff have the experience and knowledge to help fulfill your project to the highest standards and on-time.
- We manufacture all of our precast concrete products on site and install them to the highest standards. Click here for more information about our installation practices.
We also provide resources and online tools to help you find the information you need:
- Use our Beam and Block Floorspan calculator to work out the size of floor space you will need.
- View the data file for our 1
- Look at our Load Span Stables.
- Download one of our data sheets for more in-depth information.
- Get in touch for a conversation, estimation, or just for advice.
Call or Email Us Today For Details
If you have any questions about how beam and block flooring could be the solution you’re looking for, we would love to hear from you. A member of our team will be happy to answer any of your queries and help you achieve your project goals.