RC Detailer – Concrete Products
Position: RC Detailer – Concrete Products
Salary: Negotiable D.O.E
Hours/Location: 40 hours (Mon-Fri) Office based
Benefits: Company bonus scheme, health care, subsidised meals from our in-house canteen, 23 days annual leave p/a + bank holidays, free on site parking.
Milbank Concrete Products is a well-established, leading supplier of high quality Precast Concrete Floors, Stairs and bespoke products within the UK. Milbank specialises in various sectors within the construction industry including advice, design, manufacture and installation.
We are seeking a highly motivated RC Detailer to join the team in our Colchester design office, with the view of progressing to full structural design of our products using our standard spreadsheets.
Reporting into the Design Manager, the Designer’s main responsibilities will include:
- Produce general arrangement/reinforcement drawings, calculations using AutoCAD/Microsoft Excel.
- Contact Clients, Architects & Engineers via telephone/email to obtain design details, comments/approval of working drawings
- Amend drawings in accordance with Client’s instructions
- Issuing manufacturing drawings & steel bending schedules to our factories.
- Issue drawings with covering letters/emails
- Update Database
- Seek advice from Senior Designers/Engineers
- Raising Adjustments on orders to suit customer’s requirements
- Communicating relevant information to other departments
- Monitor workload and prioritise jobs
- Carry out other tasks and duties as reasonably directed by your manager or director
- Act in a professional manner when communicating (both spoken & written) with our Client’s and their Architects / Engineers
- Produce accurate layout drawings, schedules and calculations for our precast products
- To seek advice and guidance from a Senior Designers/Engineer when needed
- Understand the duties required under the Health & Safety at Work Acts and the Construction(Design and Management) Regulations
Key Skills and experience required
- Previous building/structural detailing experience
- Engineering background with knowledge of British and European standards
- High level of computer literacy with good working knowledge of a variety of computer packages including AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organisational & communication skills coupled with good time management and a sense of urgency
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- Attention to detail is essential
- Self-motivated, methodical approach with focus on customer service
About the Candidate
The ideal RC Detailer will be a highly enthusiastic & willing individual who is keen to build long term and effective relationships with both customers & colleagues alike. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a highly driven organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
A competitive salary (dependant on experience) is on offer with a wide range of additional benefits.
As a company we offer an impressive performance-based yearly bonus scheme, with 50% paid in December and 50% in March. We offer 23 days paid holiday plus the statutory Bank holidays along with a health insurance policy that contributes towards dentist/optician costs, physiotherapy etc.
The role is based at our Earls Colne office. Due to the location of our offices, it is essential that the candidate has their own form of transport.
Our Equal Opportunities policy
Milbank believes that the principle of equal opportunities is fundamental to our company’s values. Our long-held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or gender reassignment.
Our Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of the Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products Ltd recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.