How to Apply
To apply for this role, please visit our indeed job listing here: Apply directly on Indeed
Milbank is a well-established, leading supplier of high quality Precast Concrete Floors, Stairs and bespoke products within the UK. Milbank specialises in various sectors within the construction industry including advice, design, manufacture and installation.
We are seeking a highly motivated Designer to join the team in our Colchester design office.
About the Role
- Produce layout drawings and calculations using AutoCAD/Autodesk Revit/Microsoft Excel.
- Contact Clients, Architects & Engineers via telephone/email to obtain design details, comments/approval of working drawings
- Amend drawings in accordance with Client’s instructions
- Issuing manufacturing schedules to our factories
- Issue drawings with covering letters/emails
- Update Database
- Seek advice from Senior Designers/Engineers
- Raising Adjustments on orders to suit customer’s requirements
- Communicating relevant information to other departments
- Monitor workload and prioritise jobs
- Carry out other tasks and duties as reasonably directed by your manager or director
- Act in a professional manner when communicating (both spoken & written) with our Client’s and their Architects/Engineers
- Produce accurate layout drawings and calculations for our precast products
- To seek advice and guidance from a Senior Designers/Engineer when needed
- Understand the duties required under the Health & Safety at Work Acts and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Previous building design experience preferable
- High level of computer literacy with good working knowledge of a variety of computer packages including Auto Cad, Revit, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organisational & communication skills coupled with good time management and a sense of urgency
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- Attention to detail is essential
- Self-motivated, methodical approach with focus on customer service
A competitive salary (dependant on experience) is on offer with a wide range of additional benefits.
As a company we offer an impressive performance-based yearly bonus scheme, with 50% paid in December and 50% in March. We offer 23 days paid holiday plus the statutory Bank holidays along with a health insurance policy that contributes towards dentist/optician costs, physiotherapy etc.
The role is based at our Earls Colne office. Due to the location of our offices, it is essential that the candidate has their own form of transport.
As an applicant, you can be assured that the Milbank Group will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable in terms of objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job.
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- All decisions are made in line with Milbank’s equal opportunities and recruitment and selection decisions, are made on merit – in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy.
And when you become employed, we aim to ensure:
- A fair, transparent and equal chance in learning and development and terms and conditions of service.
- A working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation.
- A working environment where a person’s identity and culture is valued and respected.
Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of the Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products Ltd recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
Please note, we are not currently looking to work with recruitment agencies in fulfilling our vacant roles.