Milbank are a well-established, leading supplier of high quality construction products within the United Kingdom, specialising in various sectors of the construction industry including design, manufacture & installation. We are seeking a highly motivated Designer to join the team in our Colchester design office.
Reporting into the Design Manager, the Designer’s main responsibilities will include:
- Produce layout drawings and calculations using AutoCAD / Microsoft Excel.
- Contact Clients, Architects & Engineers via telephone/email to obtain design details, comments /approval of working drawings
- Amend drawings in accordance with Client’s instructions
- Issuing manufacturing schedules to our factories
- Issue drawings with covering letters/emails
- Update Database
- Seek advice from Senior Designers/Engineers
- Raising Adjustments on orders to suit customer’s requirements
- Communicating relevant information to other departments
- Monitor workload and prioritise jobs
- Carry out other tasks and duties as reasonably directed by your manager or director
- Act in a professional manner when communicating (both spoken & written) with our Client’s and their Architects / Engineers
- Produce accurate layout drawings and calculations for our precast products
- To seek advice and guidance from a Senior Designers/Engineer when needed
- Understand the duties required under the Health & Safety at Work Acts and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
Key Skills and experience required:
- Previous building design experience preferable
- High level of computer literacy with good working knowledge of a variety of computer packages including Auto Cad, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organisational & communication skills coupled with good time management and a sense of urgency
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- Attention to detail is essential
- Self-motivated, methodical approach with focus on customer service
The ideal Designer will be a highly enthusiastic & willing individual who is keen to build long term and effective relationships with both customers & colleagues alike. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a highly driven organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
Milbank recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Silver Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
Please contact Richard Wood on 01787 220547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we are not currently looking to work with recruitment agencies in fulfilling our vacant roles.