Installation of hollowcore flooring units from Milbank Concrete Products on behalf of Tec Construction Ltd for Carebase Ltd.
Hollowcore Floor Systems
Our hollowcore floors (also known as slabs or planks) are prestressed concrete units with tubular voids extending the full length of the slab, creating an efficient lightweight unit. This makes the slab much lighter than other floor slabs of equal thickness or strength. Reduced weight lowers transportation costs and saves on the cost of material (concrete).
They are typically used in the construction of upper floors in apartments/flats, commercial buildings and larger houses. Milbank hollowcore floors are available as 150mm, 200mm and 250mm deep units. They are produced as standard 1200mm wide units (although different shapes and widths are also produced to fit the building) and when installed and grouted together, form a monolithic slab.
The primary benefits of Hollowcore floors are:
- Rapid installation – our teams can fit up to 300 square meters in a day (subject to site conditions).
- Long span/depth ratio – large areas can be covered in a single span meaning less steel/masonry and structural efficiency.
- Excellent intrinsic fire resistance.
- No propping is required as the flooring creates an instant working platform, meaning other trades can gain instant access to continue their work.
- It incorporates a durable soffit ready to accommodate services/wiring etc.
- Excellent sound resistance & noise transfer performance.
- Outstanding thermal properties offers improved thermal efficiency in buildings.
Hollowcore Data Sheet
Please click here for the links to the Floor Span Calculator, Load Span Tables and document Downloads.