Installation of hollowcore flooring units from Milbank Concrete Products on behalf of Tec Construction Ltd for Carebase Ltd.
Our hollowcore floors (also known as slabs or planks) are pre-stressed concrete units with tubular voids extending the full length of the slab, creating an efficient lightweight unit. This makes the concrete slab much lighter than other floor slabs of equal thickness or strength. Reduced weight lowers transportation costs and saves on the cost of material (concrete).
Versatile Hollowcore Slabs
Hollowcore slabs are typically used in the construction of upper floors in apartments and flats, commercial buildings, and larger houses. The hollowcore floors that we provide are available as 150mm, 200mm and 250mm deep units. They are produced as standard 1200mm wide units (although different shapes and widths are also produced to fit the building) and when installed and grouted together, form a monolithic slab.
Benefits of Hollowcore Plank/Slab Floors:
- Rapid installation – our teams can fit up to 300 square meters in a day (subject to site conditions).
- Long span/depth ratio – large areas can be covered in a single span/plank meaning less steel/masonry and structural efficiency.
- Excellent intrinsic fire resistance.
- No propping is required as the flooring creates an instant working platform, meaning other trades can gain instant access to continue their work.
- It incorporates a durable soffit ready to accommodate services/wiring etc.
- Excellent sound resistance & noise transfer performance.
- Hollowcore delivers outstanding thermal properties and offers improved thermal efficiency in buildings.
Hollowcore Data Sheet
Please click here for the links to the Floor Span Calculator, Load Span Tables and document Downloads.