The UK’s leading manufacturer of pre-stressed Hollowcore Concrete Floors
Milbank hollowcore floors (also known as slabs or planks) are pre-stressed concrete slabs with internal tubular voids, creating an efficient and lightweight plank that is far lighter than other floor slabs of equal thickness or strength. The reduction in weight offers benefits such as lower transportation costs and saves on the cost of materials required (concrete).
Versatile Hollowcore Slabs
Hollowcore slabs are typically used in the construction of upper floors in apartments and flats, commercial buildings, and larger houses. They deliver outstanding thermal properties and offer improved thermal efficiency in all developments. Milbank hollowcore planks are available as 150mm, 200mm and 250mm deep units and are produced as standard 1200mm wide (although different shapes and widths are available to fit your individual requirements). When installed and grouted together, Milbank Hollowcore units form a unified monolithic slab.
Installation of hollowcore flooring units from Milbank Concrete Products on behalf of Tec Construction Ltd for Carebase Ltd.
Benefits of Hollowcore Plank/Slab Floors:
- Rapid installation – our teams can fit up to 300 square meters of hollowcore in a day (subject to site conditions).
- Long span/depth ratio – large areas can be covered in a single span/plank meaning less steel/masonry and structural efficiency.
- Excellent intrinsic fire resistance.
- No propping is required as the planks create an instant working platform – other trades can gain instant access to continue their work.
- Incorporates a durable soffit ready to accommodate services/wiring etc.
- Excellent sound resistance & noise transfer performance.
- Outstanding thermal properties and offers improved thermal efficiency in buildings.
Hollowcore Data Sheet
Please click here for the links to the Floor Span Calculator, Load Span Tables and Document Downloads.
Looking for a quotation?
Our dedicated sales and estimating team are on hand to answer any of your queries about hollowcore planks & slabs. Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call us on 01787 223 931