Trusted UK Precast Concrete Manufacturer
By manufacturing in our carefully controlled factory facilities in Essex, our precast concrete is not affected by variable site conditions or the elements, making Milbank the intelligent choice for construction firms and self-builders across the UK.
The advantages of precast concrete products include:
- All precast components are manufactured off-site in an enclosed casting environment which avoids delays due to inclement weather conditions.
- Being designed and supplied to exact build fit and specification to speed up the build process. Precast concrete is also extremely structurally efficient.
- Precast components allow immediate site and finishing access following installation, providing a solid footing and meaning no delays for follow on trades.
- Components can be delivered to site as required in the build process meaning that on-site storage is not an issue when space is at a premium.
- Precast concrete is always perfectly mixed and offers superior strength and durability to traditional wet concrete. This guaranteed quality control means no unforeseen delays.
- It is – quicker than in situ mould construction and pouring – and arguably safer too! Potentially, it can be made in to any shape – we’re happy to advise if your ideas are achievable.
- Cost certainty & quality control makes keeping to a strict budget easier with a precast concrete manufacturer.
- Repeat casting from moulds means great results every time and cost efficiency through repetition.
- Design, manufacture and installation of your concrete products is all carried out by Milbank, meaning accountability and swift resolution to any issues that may arise.
- All of our products are designed and manufactured to British Standards.
- The density of precast concrete makes for excellent sound reduction (especially appreciated in residential buildings). It also makes it highly impact absorbent.
- It’s fireproof and will not melt at high temperatures.
- Concrete’s thermal mass offers designers the chance to exploit the natural properties of precast concrete for cooling and heating your building.
- Longevity – precast concrete is tough and durable and has excellent exposure properties. It is wholly resistant to insect pests, vermin attacks, fungus and mildew, chemical attack etc.
- Precast concrete offers incredible flexibility. Products can take the form of blocks, slabs, panels, retaining walls, stairs, steps, balconies, silage clamps, stadia components, sea defence structures and more.
- It’s completely recyclable! – all precast units can be re-used in their entirety at the end of their life.