Milbank – The UK’s leading manufacturer of Precast Concrete Products
Precast concrete is a construction product produced by casting wet concrete in a reusable mould or “form” which is then cured in a controlled environment, transported to site and installed in place. In contrast, traditional methods of Insitu applications are poured into site-specific forms and cured on site. This traditional method of production promotes a range of issues related to both quality control and safety.
Manufacturing in our carefully controlled factory facilities in Essex ensures our precast concrete is not affected by variable site conditions or the elements, making Milbank the intelligent choice for leading construction firms and self-builders across the UK.
Advantages of precast concrete:
- All precast components are manufactured off-site in an enclosed casting environment, avoiding delays due to inclement weather conditions.
- Extremely structurally efficient – Precast is designed and supplied to exact build fit and specification, accelerating the build process.
- Precast components allow immediate site and finishing access following installation, providing a solid footing reducing delays for follow on trades.
- Components can be delivered to site as required in the build process ensuring that on-site storage is not an issue when space is at a premium.
- Quicker and safer than in situ mould construction and pouring.
- Can be constructed in to most shapes – we’re happy to advise if your ideas are achievable.
Why choose Milbank for your precast concrete products?
- Our precast concrete is always perfectly mixed and offers superior strength and durability to traditional wet concrete. This guaranteed quality control means no unforeseen delays.
- Cost certainty & quality control makes keeping to a strict budget easier.
- Repeat casting using our moulds means great results every time and cost efficiency through repetition.
- Design, manufacture and installation of your concrete products is all carried out by Milbank, meaning accountability and swift resolution to any issues that may arise.
- All of our products are designed and manufactured to British Standards.
- The density of our precast concrete makes for excellent sound reduction (especially appreciated in residential buildings). It also makes it highly impact absorbent.
- Our precast is completely fireproof and will not melt at high temperatures.
- Our concrete’s thermal mass offers designers the chance to exploit the natural properties of precast concrete for cooling and heating your building.
- Longevity – Milbank precast concrete is tough and durable and has excellent exposure properties. It is wholly resistant to insects, pests, vermin attacks, fungus and mildew, chemical attacks etc.
- It’s completely recyclable! – our precast units can be re-used in their entirety at the end of their life.