By manufacturing in a carefully controlled factory environment, precast concrete is not affected by variable site conditions or the elements.
The advantages of precast concrete include:
- All precast components are manufactured off-site in an enclosed casting environment which avoids delays due to inclement weather conditions.
- Being designed and supplied to exact build fit and specification to speed up the build process. Precast is also extremely structurally efficient.
- Precast components allow immediate site and finishing access following installation, providing a solid footing and meaning no delays for follow on trades.
- Components can be delivered to site as required in the build process meaning that on site storage is not an issue when space is at a premium.
- Precast concrete is always perfectly mixed and offers superior strength and durability to traditional wet concrete. This guaranteed quality control means no unforeseen delays.
- Quicker than insitu mould construction and pouring – arguably safer too! Potentially, it can be made in to any shape – we’re happy to advise if your ideas are achievable.
- Cost certainty + quality control makes keeping to a strict budget is easier with precast. Repeat casting from moulds means great results every time and cost efficiency through repetition.
- One company’s responsibility – Design, manufacture and installation (all by Milbank) means accountability and swift resolution to any issues that may arise. All our products are designed and manufactured to British Standards.
- The density of precast makes for excellent sound reduction (especially appreciated in residential buildings). It also makes it highly impact absorbent.
- It’s fireproof and will not melt at high temperatures.
- Concrete’s thermal mass offers designers the chance to exploit the natural properties of precast concrete for cooling and heating your building.
- Longevity – precast concrete is tough and durable and has excellent exposure properties. It is wholly resistant to insect pests, vermin attacks, fungus and mildew, chemical attack etc.
- It’s completely recyclable! – all precast units can be re-used in their entirety at the end of their life.